Bride, groom among 150 taken ill after feast in Balasore
Bhogarai: As many as 150 persons, including the bride and groom, were taken ill after they consumed food at the wedding party held in a village here on Thursday night.
Sources said soon after consuming food, several people complained of stomach pain, diarrhoea and vomiting. They were rushed to Community Health Centre in Jaleswarpur and Bada Sarisa Hospital here.
A doctor said patients are suffering from diarrhoea because of food poisoning. So far, 150 persons are being treated. Intra-venous fluid has been administered to about 40 patients.
A medical team of the hospital has set up a temporary camp to treat patients in Anganwadi Centre of Ranibasana.